Sunday, 11 February 2024

From Intern to Employee; Five Moves Towards a PPO

In the countdown to the final days of my internship, I find myself at the intersection of reflection and anticipation. This crucial period is not just about wrapping up tasks but strategically paving the way for a potential Pre-Placement Opportunity (PPO). Here's a glimpse into the five key initiatives I plan to undertake in these closing days to secure a lasting spot within the PR agency. 

1. Networking Beyond: As I approach the final stretch, my focus shifts from the intricacies of my team to a broader understanding of the agency's dynamics. Exploring the day-to-day workings of other teams has which provides insights into diverse roles, fostering a holistic understanding of the agency's operations. Networking beyond my immediate department has become my priority.

2. Owning Mandates, and Challenges: One aspect that came to the forefront during my internship was the concept of ownership. In the coming days, I am eager to showcase my potential in handling mandates. I wish to express my willingness to take on challenges, presenting a rationale for how my unique approach aligns with the client’s expectations or deliverables. This initiative underscores my commitment to making a valuable contribution.

3. The Quest for Feedback: A one-on-one dialogue with reporting executives, managers, and team members is on my agenda. Seeking constructive feedback on my performance will be a crucial step for me to understand my strengths and identify areas for improvement which is not just a professional necessity but a personal commitment to continuous growth.

4. Showcasing Gratitude and Learning: Expressing gratitude is more than a courtesy; it's a deliberate effort to leave a lasting impression. Through a reflective session, I aim to showcase my learning experiences and highlight the collaborative efforts that have shaped my journey. This gesture reinforces my appreciation for the team's support and mentorship.

5. Aligning Goals: In the final days, I look forward to a twofold exploration. Firstly, how can I be a valuable fit for the company and team as a permanent employee? Secondly, I evaluate how the company's ethos aligns with my future goals and interests. This dual perspective ensures that the professional relationship is mutually beneficial and aligns with long-term aspirations. 

As I plan my last few days, my approach is anchored in curiosity, ownership, feedback, gratitude, and alignment of goals. Each step is a conscious move towards not just concluding an internship but setting the stage for a promising professional journey within the folds of this dynamic PR agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Disconnect Between Personal and Professional in The Writing Lab

"All good writing begins with an idea the writer cares about." - Anne Lamott Imagine staring at a blank document, the cursor blink...